Spring into fun and adventure in Port Aransas!
Top Things To Do In Port A In April 2023
Warmer weather, sun-kissed days and fun events make Port Aransas, TX the place to be in April. If you’ve got the beach on your mind, head to the Texas Coast and discover fun all month long. Read on for some of our favorite things to do in Port Aransas in spring 2023.
- Texas SandFest: Head to the beaches of Port Aransas April 14 through the 16 for jaw-dropping sandcastle creations at the largest beach sand sculpture competition in the country. You can even participate! Enjoy live music, delicious food and a fun shopping experience along the coast.
- Annual Earth Day Celebration: Head to the Horace Caldwell Pier on April 22! Bring beach chairs and beverages and participate in the Port A Peace Sign to celebrate Earth Day. This all-ages event honors Earth with a human peace sign. Come be a part of Port A history!
- Farley Classic Golf Tournament: Register by April 4, and you can hit the links at Port A’s Pamilla Beach Golf Club on April 6. Golf at the Gulf and celebrate 108 years of Farley Boats.
- Port A Live: This toe-tapping live music scene takes place up and down the island all month long. From restaurants and bars to beachside parks, you’ll discover venues where you can relax back and be entertained by solo artists and bands.
- Weekend Wine Down at The Art Center: Also known as Sip & Shop, this event invites you to peruse the Art Center’s exhibits and galleries and learn about fun art classes while savoring a glass of red or white.
- Guided Wetland Walks: Every Tuesday and Thursday in April, visit the trailhead at the Wetlands Education Center to learn about the marsh and Port A’s ecosystem. This guided learning tour by the University of Texas Marine Science Institute is fun for the whole family.
- Birding on the Boardwalk: Visit the Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center every Wednesday in April for a free guided tour. Whether an avid birdwatcher or new to the sport, you’ll love seeing and learning about the diverse birdlife in Port A. No binoculars, no problem...the Birding Center offers loaners so you won’t miss a single detail.
Whether building sandcastles on the shore, hiking through Mustang Island State Park, exploring downtown via golf cart or participating in a beachside event, you’ll find fun things to do for the whole family in Port A in April 2023. Gorgeous Gulf vistas, premier shopping and delectable dining are waiting for you on the Texas Coast. Book your getaway to Port Aransas, TX today!